Saturday, February 22, 2014

Along the Way - and Red Hills

Red Hills
Oil on canvas, 6x12

I believe I am the luckiest person in the world - and a large part of that good fortune is all of you. 

I was painting this morning in the Grand Canyon (today's paintings will come soon!) and I was telling someone about the trip, and all of you, and she said how fortunate I was to have such a reputation. 

I had to correct her. I am fortunate to have people who believe in me, and who love my paintings. It's not reputation, really. It is your trust in me, and your willingness to take a chance that during the course of this trip, I'll make a painting that you love. 

So thank you - for your support, for your trust in me, for your willingness to believe, and to come along for the journey. 

This newsletter will catch us up a little - introduce you to some of the paintings I've made that I haven't posted yet! 

***

"Red Hills" I made on the road from Prescott to the Grand Canyon. In Prescott Valley, I found myself behind a really great truck with a great dog standing up in the back. I was behind the truck for a long, long way, and it finally turned left off the road. When I slowed down to let it turn, I saw the red hills off to the right.

***
Here's a painting you haven't seen:"Windy Day in Sonoita," a 10x10. Below, the painting in the landscape. 

***

Here's a larger one - "Evening in Patagonia," which is 20x20. 


***

Here's a 10x10 from Madera Canyon, called "Ocotillo."

***
These Nogales cows will show up in a painting soon.

***

The Nogales International Airport. Whee! 

***
Dog of the Day
This cute guy visited me during the Tubac show. He was just as happy as he looks! 







No comments:

Post a Comment