Monday, January 20, 2014

First Day on the Road - Wachapreague to Outside Atlanta

Me leaving

My route

Peter helping

Here's the van, all packed and ready to go. 

 I left Wachapreague Wednesday morning, around 10, and spent Wednesday night just outside of Atlanta. Thursday morning, I drove through Atlanta in the middle of an early, heavy and very dark rush hour. 

And it was cold! When I crossed from Georgia into Alabama, it was 23 degrees. Whew. 

It wasn't such an interesting drive that second day. Most of Georgia was in the pre-dawn dark, and most of Mississippi, on Route 20, was pretty dull. Lots of hills, and trees along the highway blocking the long view. 

Some things I noticed - Drivers in Mississippi are rude! 
 
And as soon as I crossed into Mississippi, the NPR stations were replaced by God stations. I have my faith, but I'm really turned off by God Radio. I am, however, amused by Christian Pest Control... 


 Also amusing, Chunky, Mississippi. Is everyone who lives there overweight??? 

Here's the Mississippi, brown and really huge. And it was moving fast, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment